Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!


Tomorrow, Jeff and I are headed south to visit our families, who conveniently live only 10 minutes away from each other. We'll do a meal at each house, and then separate to hang out with our own siblings.

At Jeffrey's house, everyone plays football, watches football and does typical boy stuff. At my family's house, all five right-brained artist sisters (ranging from the youngest--age 12--to me, the oldest) sit down for four straight hours to meticulously create gingerbread houses. Every year, the houses get drastically more creative and elaborate. Meanwhile, we guzzle coffee (well, maybe just I do that), lick icing until we're sick, and catch up on each other's stories that we've missed through the year.

Above is a photo of our houses from last year... Stay tuned for photos of Gingerbread House Decorating 2007!

And then I've got to start thinking about designing my Christmas card! Procrastination!

No comments: