Friday, March 20, 2009

A year ago...

















Happy first day of Spring!

I have to say, this week has been really hard for me. I'm missing my daughter like crazy. Last year at this time we had just recently found out we were expecting, and our lives just couldn't be happier. In early April, we visited the cherry blossom festival in D.C. with some friends, and I was filled with inspiration and joy! The picture above was taken during that trip. It brings back a flood of great memories.

I'm really trying to find comfort through this whole thing. A few friends have referred me to a great blog written by a woman who also lost a daughter last year. Her story is so heartbreaking, and yet so hopeful. If you read it, you'll be addicted to it just like me: Bring the Rain.

Right now, I'm working on wedding invitations and also trying to come up with some ideas for Mother's Day cards. I look forward to sharing some of those projects with you in the coming weeks.

No comments: